Friday, February 5, 2010

pain

I write these words as tear drops fall down my cheek and off the end of my chin. This one drop leaves a line through the makeup I just put on to cover up the pain, the dark circles that seem to consume my life as of lately. I say that Im ok... I say I am getting better... but every time I look into the dull mirror, I see a ghost. I see someone else, I dont see me.
The ghost stares back at me with hateful words, " look at you, you are a joke." "you will never be good enough." "get it together, you look like shit."
My ghost, my haunting, keeps me trapped; eyes glued to the mirror and nothing else.
"how did you get here, emma?" says the ghost.
"I dont know... I wish I knew." I say back to the mirror; longing for some kind of light to appear in my eyes.
"I know..." replies the stranger.
My mind goes blank, my eyes roll and i start to feel light headed.

I woke up on the couch, with a hand in my hand. Your hand in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment